Coronavirus is changing life as we know it on a daily basis. But what will our world look like in the next five years? How will the pandemic permanently reshape our lives?
In the video series “COVID 2025: Our World in the Next 5 Years,” leading scholars at the University of Chicago discuss how COVID-19 will change health care and international relations, education and urban life, and many other aspects of our lives. The series, from the producers of the Big Brains podcast, provides new insights and understandings into the pandemic—and its long-term impacts. See the episodes below:
- Facing the threat of future pandemics
- How COVID-19 will challenge and change cities
- Changing the rules of international relations
- Changing the face of health care
- How an explosion in remote learning changes education
Facing the threat of future pandemics
The coronavirus pandemic has dramatically altered the way we think about public health in the United States and how we deliver patient care, says Assoc. Prof. Emily Landon, a leading University of Chicago infectious disease expert.