Update on Campus Threat

Date: November 30, 2015

From: Robert J. Zimmer, President

To: University of Chicago Campus Community

Subject: Update on Campus Threat

Update, Nov. 30, 4:45 pm: Classes and events will resume on Tuesday, Dec. 1. For more information, click here.

The University of Chicago has received confirmation from the FBI that an individual is in custody in connection with yesterday’s threat against the University.

Classes and events remain canceled for today. The security precautions we announced last evening remain in effect for the remainder of the day. We understand that law enforcement officials will provide more information on the investigation later this afternoon. Once we have this additional information, I will write again with more details, including our plans for tomorrow.