Executive Director of News and Public Affairs
Associate Director, News
(773) 702-8366Physical Sciences and Molecular Engineering
Covers Astronomy & Astrophysics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geophysical Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Molecular Engineering.
(773) 702-4009Humanities, Divinity School, and Libraries
Covers the humanities, the Divinity School, and the libraries.
(773) 702-8383Campus and Student Life
Covers undergraduate and graduate student and faculty affairs
(773) 702-8356Law, Policy and Economics
(773) 702-2772Social Sciences and the School of Social Service Administration
Digital Engagement Strategist
Associate Director, Content
Director of Communications for Civic Engagement
Director of International Communications
Director of Communications for the Visitor Experience and the Arts
Lorna W.S. (Lim) Wong
Director of Media Relations
(773) 702-0025The University of Chicago Medicine
Covers the University of Chicago Medical Center.
Associate Director of Communications
(773) 834-5161The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Covers the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Assistant Athletic Director, Sports Information and Promotion
(773) 834-0082Physical Education and Athletics
Covers physical education and athletics.
Follow UChicago’s social media sites, news feeds and mobile suite.
About the News Office
The News Office provides these services for University faculty and administrators:
- Communications planning for announcements such as academic and building projects.
- Strategic planning to reach media in order to call attention to important scholarly work: Suggesting approaches to work with media, preparing media advisories, writing news releases, and contacting targeted media outlets.
- Assistance in editing and pitching op-ed pieces to major newspapers.
- Counsel on planning media coverage for events.
- Media training to help faculty and administrators deal effectively with interviews.
- Assistance with radio interviews, including high quality broadcast interviews done via an ISDN line.