University of Chicago to launch redesigned website
The University of Chicago will unveil a redesigned website on Sept. 27. One of the University’s most powerful communication and reference tools, the newly designed site will contain improvements to better engage and inform visitors from around the world, conveying the University’s academic values, intellectual community and beautiful campus.
The website is the virtual front door to the University, serving current UChicago community members, prospective students and faculty, and a general audience that wishes to learn more about UChicago. The site will remain focused on welcoming new constituents while better serving students, faculty and staff.
The redesigned site, the first major overhaul since 2008, represents months of work by IT Services and University Communications and other partners around the University. It will present the UChicago community in all its vibrancy as an intellectual destination, a place where powerful inquiry flourishes, a partner in innovation and impact, and the source of a distinctive and empowering education.
Some of the key improvements in the new website:
- Updated visual design with prominent photos and a modern, open feeling
- New drop-down navigation
- New pages focused on faculty, medicine and campus life
- Better integration of social media
- A design that responds to the viewer's screen size, including optimization for mobile devices
- Larger storytelling spaces
- Easier access to the Arts, Diversity and the University of Chicago Medicine websites, along with the academic calendar
- A new tool to browse programs of study and a searchable database of institutes and centers
The new site will contain a comments form for feedback to help the website reflect the teaching, research and people that make up the UChicago community.
Follow UChicago’s social media sites, news feeds and mobile suite.